Becoming an Add-on Partner
Last updated 20 October 2020
To effectively market your product to the Heroku community, you will need to be familiar with the basic Heroku user experience. If your team is new to the Heroku platform, we highly recommend you walk through the core concepts of creating and deploying an application on Heroku, to understand what sort of experience your future add-on customers will expect.
Next, read about how your service will interact with the Heroku platform.
After completing the tour, you should be ready to start the technical integration of your add-on service. To help guide you along there’s a step-by-step tutorial and several code examples.
Finally, you should review the business terms contained in the salesforce.com License and Distribution Agreement for the Heroku Elements Marketplace.
Building an add-on
One of the key goals of the add-on program is to make the experience of building add-ons as easy as possible. We’ve made sure that it’s an open playground to experiment on. There is no registration or setup required to start building an add-on. In many cases a day or two is all that is needed to produce a working add-on.
Heroku Partner Portal
The Partner Portal gives you a single place to manage your add-ons and your relationship with Heroku.
For new add-on partners, the Partner Portal offers instructions on how to build your add-on and submit it to Heroku. For current add-on partners, the Partner Portal serves as a place to manage all aspects of your add-on. Sections of the portal include:
- Marketplace Listing: update your add-on’s listing in the Elements marketplace
- Features & Plans: create and update your add-on plans and pricing
- Reports: download monthly revenue reports
- Logs: get visibility on issues your customers might be experiencing with your add-on
- Company: update company information or add users
- Settings: update settings for your add-on or view OAuth credentials
- Next Steps: resources on how to progress your add-on to Beta, GA, and beyond
Before you can use the Partner Portal or submit your add-on to the Heroku Elements marketplace, you must register on our Partner Portal as a Heroku Elements marketplace add-on partner. All that’s required to do this is review the applicable agreements and policies, and then register for a Heroku account.
If you already have an existing Heroku account, you will log in with your existing credentials. If not, you will be able to sign up for a new account. Your access to and use of the Partner Portal is governed by the salesforce.com License and Distribution Agreement for the Heroku Elements Marketplace, and if you are domiciled in Italy, the Additional Terms for Heroku Elements Marketplace Providers. The purpose of the salesforce.com License and Distribution Agreement for the Heroku Elements Marketplace is to set up the business relationship between your company and Heroku. It covers the following:
- Distribution of your product via the Heroku Elements Marketplace.
- Intellectual property protection for both parties.
- Revenue sharing terms, including payments, reporting and audits.
- Rules for pricing changes.
- Confidentiality, allowing your company and Heroku to share details about upcoming product features, usage metrics, etc.
- Technical support and marketing responsibilities.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the applicable agreements and policies before signing up.
You must build or integrate your service with Heroku to become an add-on partner. For more information, see Building an Add-on.