Articles on Ruby
7 months ago
- How to resolve errors such as "Could not find rake-x in any of the sources" when running running a Rails console in a dyno.
2 years ago
- Understand your application's memory usage
- Cedar-14, the successor to the Cedar stack, runs on a newer operating system. Certain versions of Ruby 2.1 are not able to compile on Cedar-14 and they will not be available.
- Configuring a database connection in Rails using database.yml and DATABASE_URL.
3 years ago
- A step-by-step guide for deploying your first Ruby app and mastering the basics of Heroku
- How to add direct S3 uploads to a Rails app.
- Why not to run WEBrick in production, and how to run a production web server instead.
4 years ago
- A tutorial showing how to build and deploy a Ruby Sinatra application application that uses a WebSocket.
- Creating, configuring, deploying and scaling Rails 4.x applications on Heroku, using Bundler dependency management.
- Configuring database connections in the Active Record connection pool for apps running with a multi-threaded or multi-process web server.
- How to convert an existing Rails project that works on Heroku to run on JRuby.
5 years ago
- Enqueue background jobs in Ruby with the Redis-backed queuing-library Resque.
- Run rake commands on Heroku with `heroku run rake`.
- Create, configure, deploy and scale a Ruby application on Heroku.