This add-on is operated by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC
Outside-In View of Your Web Applications' Performance
Last updated 31 October 2019
Pingdom is an add-on for reliable and easy-to-use website monitoring.
With Pingdom’s website monitoring, you’ll be the first to know when your website is down or if a transaction is slow or broken. We can also help you deliver a higher quality web experience using data from our real user monitoring service.
Pingdom is accessible via an API and doesn’t require any installation at all.
Provisioning the add-on
Pingdom can be attached to a Heroku application via the CLI:
A list of all plans available can be found here.
$ heroku addons:create pingdom ——> Adding pingdom to sharp-mountain-4005… done, v18 (free)
Migrating between plans
Application owners should carefully manage the migration timing to ensure proper application function during the migration process.
heroku addons:upgrade command to migrate to a new plan.
$ heroku addons:upgrade pingdom:newplan ——> Upgrading pingdom:new plan to sharp-mountain-4005… done, v18 ($49/mo) Your plan has been updated to: pingdom:new plan
Click on the Pingdom icon in your list of Add-ons. You will be redirected via SSO to your account on the Pingdom website.
- From your dashboard, select the app for which you have installed the Pingdom add-on.
- Select Pingdom from your list of add-ons.
- Inside the Pingdom dashboard, My Pingdom, you can set up a variety of different checks: uptime, transaction, and real user monitoring.
- Click the Add Uptime Check button. You’ll find it in the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Name it so you’ll always recognize it.
- Modify the test interval if you’d like. The default is once per minute, which we recommend since this will catch even small outages.
- Enter the URL of the website you wish to monitor.
- Click Create Check. You’ve set up monitoring for your websites’ availability.
Removing the add-on
Pingdom can be removed via the CLI.
This will destroy all associated data and cannot be undone!
$ heroku addons:destroy pingdom ——> Removing pingdom from sharp-mountain-4005… done, v20 (free)
All Pingdom support and runtime issues should be submitted via one of the Heroku Support channels. Any non-support related issues or product feedback is welcome at email@example.com. Currently, Pingdom mobile apps for iOS and Android will not work with Pingdom’s Heroku add-on.