- Heroku Architecture
Databases & Data Management
- Heroku Postgres
- Heroku Connect (Salesforce sync)
- Extending Heroku
JVM Runtime Metrics: Optimized Resource Usage
Change effective on 08 November 2022
The JVM Runtime Metrics feature has been updated to consume fewer dyno resources.
In our testing we observed the following improvements:
- ~550 fewer loaded classes
- ~500KiB less heap used
- ~2000KiB less metaspace used
- ~2000KiB reduced slug size
- 1 less thread spawned (saving ~512KiB of stack memory)
No customer action is required. Applications using an official Heroku JVM buildpack (
heroku/clojure) will get the improved JVM agent the next time the app is rebuilt.