Java defaults updated
Change effective on 11 September 2017
The following updates have been made to the default settings and configuration for Java applications:
- JDK 8u144 is now the default Java 8 version.
- JDK 7u141 is now the default Java 7 version.
- The default maximum heap size on Free, Hobby, and Standard-1X dynos has been lowered to 300 megabytes (
-Xmx300m). Custom settings will still override this value.
- The default maximum heap size on Standard-2X and Private-S dynos has been lowered to 686 megabytes (
-Xmx686m). Custom settings will still override this value.
- The Java buildpack now detects polyglot POM files with the names:
These changes will be applied to Java and JVM apps after your next deployment. For more information, see the Java Support article in the Dev Center.