Articles on Java Support
1 month ago
- The JVM runtime metrics feature allows you to view heap and non-heap memory, as well as garbage collection activity, from Java’s JVM within Application Metrics.
2 years ago
- This tutorial shows you how to deploy a Gradle app.
- Suggestions for reducing the slug size of a Java application.
3 years ago
- How to use the Heroku Maven plugin to deploy applications to Heroku.
- Creating, configuring, deploying and scaling Java applications on Heroku.
- A step-by-step guide for deploying your first Java app and mastering the basics of Heroku
- A guide to using a custom settings.xml file with a Java project.
4 years ago
- This tutorial demonstrates how to build a Java and Play Framework application that uses a WebSocket, deployed to Heroku.
- Implement http caching with the Java EE standard JAX-RS framework.
5 years ago
- How to include custom files in the JDK, such as Java Cryptography Extensions.
- Store file uploads on Amazon S3 with Java and Play 2.
- Processing long running web requests asynchronously using CloudAMQP, a RabbitMQ add-on.
- Building and deploying Tomcat-based applications that launch with Webapp Runner.
- Reference documentation describing the support for Java on Heroku.
- Understand how to execute logic in Java apps using non-web dynos, either using a scalable worker dyno or a one-off dyno.
- Creating a simple Java Web application that embeds Tomcat in a launcher class, which can be deployed to Heroku.
- How to add libraries to your application that are not available in a public Maven repository.
- Frequently Asked Questions about running Java applications on Heroku.
- Connect to a database using Java JDBC, Play!, Spring or via a remote application.