Memory and load dashboard enhancements
Change effective on 27 March 2015
Dashboard changes include:
- Added max RSS and swap memory.
- Changed load to report the 1 minute exponential moving average instead of the 5 minute one.
- Changed plot label from CPU Load to Dyno Load.
- Changed load calculation to be based on average instead of median, which did not match what was described in the docs.
Doc changes include:
- Under dashboard Metrics added descriptions for max load, max swap and max RSS to reflect plot enhancements. Changed CPU Load label to Dyno Load. Also clarified swap memory warning to state that small amounts of swap are acceptable.
- Updated Memory & Swap guidance to reflect that small amounts of swap are OK.
- Updated Understanding Load Averages to provide a more simple and accurate description.