Changes to PostgreSQL extension schema management
Change effective on 01 August 2022
In order to offer a more robust Postgres offering we’ve made the following changes to Postgres extensions:
- All Heroku Postgres databases have had the
heroku_extschema added to them for use with Postgres extensions.
- All newly created Postgres extensions will now be installed in the
- The database
search_pathhas been automatically updated to include the
- All currently installed extensions will continue to work as intended.
- If your application code specifically refers to the older Postgres extension schema you will need to update it to refer to the new
- If you are using any custom roles, you may need to append the
heroku_extschema to their
Please visit the Dev Center for more information on installing PostgreSQL extensions.