Heroku Add-on Marketing
Last updated 09 September 2015
After your add-on has progressed through alpha, beta and GA, your add-on will be made available to customers, and marketed by Heroku to drive customers to use it. This article looks at the marketing opportunities around an add-on.
What we provide
We feature new add-ons once they’re initially launched as GA. New GA add-ons will be featured in two places:
- A write-up in our monthly newsletter describing your add-on. You can work with us to help craft text for this highlight.
- In the carousel at the top of the add-ons marketplace.
Featured add-ons are also highlighted within the carousel. These add-ons are selected based on the overall product quality as well as uptime/response time.
What we do not provide
While in the future this list is subject to change at this time we do not:
- Do joint press releases.
- Run marketing campaigns explicitly for add-ons.
- Email customers directly in relation only to add-on updates/releases.
Beyond what we directly provide and don’t provide we’ve found that some things do work well. Here’s a few items that we have found to be effective:
- Thorough documentation on how to use the add-on for all supported languages.
- Technical content, both directly on how to use your product as well as broader technical content, that developers would find interesting.
- A clear product page and add-ons marketplace listing that clearly describes what problem your product is solving and details of the product.
- Monitoring social streams for people talking about your product and engaging with them there.
Heroku currently does not participate in add-on press releases. However, we are happy to help promote your press releases and news via our social channels. Please notify Heroku of any press releases 2 weeks in advance to help maximize your marketing efforts.